Jobs at Family Planning
Current Job Openings: Updated 5/15/2017
Family Planning of South Central New York is looking for a Nurse Practitioner to work full time (37.5 hrs/wk) in our Binghamton Health Center.
Fully paid individual health and dental insurance. No working holidays or after hours calls. 4 weeks vacation starts accruing from date of employment.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION :
Evaluates the health status of individual patients and provides direct family planning at all clinic sites. Agrees to comply with and abide by the administrative policies and protocols as outlined by FPSCNY.
- Carries out the direct patient care, without coercion, in accordance with stated policies and standing orders
- Must comply with the outlined process of clinical orientation and proctoring by assigned Clinician II.
- Provides excellent customer service in a courteous, professional manner.Participates in educational activities of the agency including staff in-service, orientation of new staff and volunteers training and community education programs
- Participates in continuing education and in-service training to further own professional development and that of other staff
- Participates in the development of FPSCNY policies and protocols as assigned
- Participates in long range planning for clinic services.
- Travel between FPSCNY clinic sites and to meetings, conferences and training as required.
- May have to cover co-workers’ planned and unplanned time away from the office.
- Participates in FPSCNY’s Quality Risk Management activities
- Will become knowledgeable about Title X funding and the billing/coding of their clients.
Current New York State registrations and/or licenses as applicable. Previous experience in reproductive health and family planning services preferred. Able to perform exam and services to both male and female patients. A positive demeanor with the ability to be tactful, sensitive and empathetic to all patients and/or clients.
Commitment to the mission of Family Planning. Access to reliable transportation to travel in all counties. Physically able to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $74,000.00 /year
Required license or certification: current NYS license to practice as a Nurse Practitione
Email or fax resume and cover letter to:
Shirley Hadley, Director of Human Resources