Workshops for Professionals
FPSCNY provides professional training and adult education workshops on some of the most critical issues of our time: teenage pregnancy, AIDS, STD’s, raising sexually healthy children, unintended pregnancy, and poverty.
Our programs are designed to improve your staff’s expertise by providing accurate and up-to-date information on sexual health and wellness.
Our workshops create an interactive learning experience that emphasizes skill development and enhances staff comfort and confidence in meeting the needs of students, clients or patients.
- What works: Reaching out to hard-to-reach youth
- HIV/AIDS: Unscrambling a dangerous alphabet
- Making the Connection: Self-Esteem, Knowledge and Behavior
- Sexuality Issues for Mentally Challenged People
- Effective Sexuality Education from Early Childhood to Adulthood
- Group Facilitation Skills
- Successful Family Planning: Empowering Clients
- Family Planning Services
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention
We can also custom-design a training for your organization.
Our educators will gladly meet with your staff at your organization and assess your training needs. Program consultation in designing your organization’s policies or programs regarding sexual health and wellness are also available.
And there’s more…education staff are also your resource for client education. Individuals, couples and families may be referred for educational counseling on sexual health concerns. We can provide educational pamphlets for your waiting room or assist you in finding needed reference materials.
Fees…our training and consultation fees are affordable and available on a sliding fee scale for not-for-profit organizations. Please call for prices.
Broome County: 607-723-5130 ext. 212
Chenango County: 607-334-6378
Delaware and Otsego Counties: 607-432-2252 ext. 315