Medical Receptionist - Oneonta Health Center
Medical Receptionist – Oneonta Health Center
Full Time/37.5 hrs per week. Fully paid individual health insurance. Paid holidays and no late evenings.
The Receptionist is responsible for maintaining patient medical records, fee assessment and collection, and patient data entry.
- Responsible for opening/closing procedures, as appropriate to site requirements.
- Open/close telephone lines as appropriate; listen to voice messages and distribute accordingly.
- Check patient in, providing appropriate paperwork and answering questions as appropriate. Verify and enter patient data in computer.
- Provides excellent customer service in a courteous, professional manner.
- Determine fee category and complete all necessary transactions at check out.
- Acts as a liaison between this agency and various local Department of Social Services of counties which the agency serves.
- Assists patients in explaining various programs, which includes the filling out of applications, collecting and verifying patient’s information and documents for accuracy, following up of incomplete applications, and the tracking and submission of completed applications.
- Understands the various health benefit programs which are available in New York State.
- Refers patients to appropriate agencies in order to receive additional benefits.
- Record missed appointments and forward charts to clinic for follow up.
- Answer telephone, make appointments, and give service information; relay messages as necessary.
- Place reminder calls to patients prior to their scheduled appointment.
- Copy and mail patient transfer requests.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of shift.
- Purge in-active patient charts.
- Covers co-workers’ planned and unplanned time away from the office
- Attend staff meetings and continuing education offerings as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with other staff in achieving the agency’s goals and objectives.
- Participates in FPSCNY’s Quality Risk Management activities.
High school graduate with experience in computer use and familiarity with general office equipment. Experience in answering multi-line telephone system. Pleasant telephone voice and positive demeanor with the ability to be tactful, sensitive and empathetic to all patients and clients. Commitment to the mission of Family Planning. Must have a contact phone number. Access to reliable transportation to travel in all counties. Physically able to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Email or fax resume and cover letter to:
Shirley Hadley, Director of Human Resources