Accurate Information, Real Education
Family Planning of South Central New York’s Education department provides programs which address a full range of sexual health topics. Programs are available in schools and community organizations. Our programs empower individuals to gain knowledge and skills to help them make healthy choices about sexuality and relationships.
Our school and community-based programs for young people share medically accurate, age-appropriate curriculum about avoiding pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and HIV infection as part of a broader program that includes information about healthy relationships, effective communication skills and sexual activity as part of a healthy relationship.
- Which one is safe for you
- Which one you will be able to use correctly and consistently
- Which one you and your partner(s) will be comfortable using
- Which one is affordable and easy for you to access.
School and community based programs for youth:
Utilize an approach which: conveys accurate messages about avoiding pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and HIV infection as part of a broader context which includes information about what constitutes a healthy relationship, effective communication skills, and sexual activity as part of a healthy relationship.
- Communication Skills
- Dating and Dating Violence
- Decision Making
- Goal Setting
- Healthy Relationships
- HIV / AIDS Education
- Male Responsibility
- Media Messages
- Parenting Now or Later
- Postponing Sexual Involvement
- Puberty Education
- Reproductive Life Plan
- Refusal Skills
- Risk Reduction / Safer Sex
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Self Esteem and Body Image
- Sexual Harassment
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention
- Technology and Sexuality
Parent-Child communication: Knowing what to say when and how can be hard to figure out. Children need age appropriate messages. Our programs provide information and tools to foster conversation between parents and children. Topics can include:
- Reproductive Health (including the developmental process)
- Gender Issues
- Current challenges faced by youth.
Teen Pregnancy Prevention programs utilize evidenced-based programming with identified high risk populations. Working with schools and community groups to expand life options and prevent early sexual activity, unintended pregnancy, and sexually transmitted infections.
Chenango, Delaware and Otsego Counties:
Family Planning Education Service is a home visiting program that offers family and individual education, support and referrals for a wide range of reproductive and sexual health needs.
Sexuality, Intimacy and Aging (all counties):
Preparing for and responding to the sexual expression of the aging population can present challenges for those who are providing services to them. Join us for an informative and engaging session as we address: Why caregivers attitudes about sexuality and intimacy are important.
- What to expect from individuals with Alzheimer’s, Dementia, stroke and other medical conditions.
- Ways to support sexual expression while maintaining a comfortable environment for clients, staff and families.