Family Planning Benefit Program
You may be eligible for FREE services at Family Planning of South Central New York! Ask the receptionist how to apply for the Family Planning Benefit Program, which offers FREE annual exams and FREE birth control for family planning patients. Women and men!
How do I qualify?
- Be a woman or man of childbearing age
- Be a New York state resident
- Have satisfactory immigration status
- Not be currently enrolled in Medicaid or Family Health Plus
- Meet the income guidelines below
Maximum income allowed to get free services: (updated 4/9/15)
|# in Family||Monthly income||# in Family||Monthly income|
Do you think you qualify? If YES, just follow these easy steps to apply for the new Family Planning Benefit Program:
- Make an appointment at one of our health centers. Tell the receptionist you want to apply for the Family Planning Benefit Program.
- Bring the information listed below to your next appointment:
1. RESIDENCY (proof of physical address received during the last three months — not a P.O. Box). Bring ONE:
- Driver’s License (issued in last 3 months)
- Utility Bills (gas, electric or cable)
- Bank Statement
- Postmarked dated envelope with your name, address and date printed on the envelope. No window envelopes accepted.
2. SOCIAL SECURITY (Bring ONE)
- Social Security card OR just knowing your Social Security number is acceptable
- Green Card
If you received any income during the past month, you must show proof of income. Bring all that apply:
- Pay check stubs (4 most recent weeks: 2 if paid bi-weekly or 4 if paid weekly)
- Letter from employer on company stationary (signed & dated) stating last 4 weeks gross pay.
UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS. Bring ONE (if applies):
- Award letter or printout of unemployment statement
CHILD SUPPORT. Bring ONE (if applies):
- Award letter from court stating amount of support ordered
MILITARY PAY. Bring ONE (if applies):
- Award letter
- Check stub – 1 month’s worth
WORKER’S COMPENSATION. Bring ONE (if applies):
- Award letter
- Check stubs – 1 month’s worth
HEALTH INSURANCE. (Bring if applies):
- If you have any other insurance, please provide a copy of the front and back of your insurance card, even if you do not wish to use it at Family Planning of South Central New York, Inc. for confidentiality reasons.
What if I don’t qualify? You could earn more than the allowable income, not be a New York State resident, not a legal resident of the United States, or medically unable to have children because of sterilization, hysterectomy or menopause. But FPSCNY is still here to help, and you still have options!
Have questions? Call Family Planning of South Central New York, Inc.
- In Broome County 607-723-8306
- In Chenango County 607-334-6378
- In Delaware or Otsego County 607-432-2250
- Or write to email@example.com