Schedule An Appointment Online
New and returning patients:
- Please plan to arrive 20 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Masks are optional at this time, but please be mindful of those around you. Visitors are not allowed to accompany patients into the medical center.
- If you carry insurance*, have medical cards ready for check-in.
No Surprise Medical Bills
You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical care will cost.
Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the bill for medical items and services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency services. This includes related costs like medical test and prescription drugs.
- Make sure your provider offers you a Good Faith Estimate in writing at least 1 business day before your appointment. You can also ask your provider for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule an appointment.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute it.
- Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
*This practice serves all patients regardless of ability to pay. Discounts for essential services are offered based on family size and income.
For more information, ask at the receptionist desk or visit our website.