Full time, full benefit – 37.5 hours per week. Fully paid health and dental insurance.
The Outreach Coordinator participates in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of Family Planning’s outreach efforts. Activities increase community awareness of our services, as well as the overall importance of access to reproductive health care and education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for traveling throughout Family Planning’s four-county service region — Broome, Chenango, Delaware and Otsego counties — to table and conduct a variety of other outreach-related activities.
- Responsible for the design and development of outreach displays, including display boards and other informational materials. All materials must be appropriate for each target audience.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of outreach equipment and resources.
- Responsible for assisting director of public communications with digital outreach/marketing efforts, including creating and publishing content on various social networking platforms.
- Responsible for working knowledge of the organization’s electronic health records. Assist current, future and potential patients with scheduling appointments, and completion of required registration and health history information.
- Represents Family Planning on community committees and task forces as assigned to promote the organizations’ mission and goals, and to encourage collaborative educational partnerships among community and professional groups.
- Participates in Family Planning committees, in-service and staff meetings, and works collaboratively with other departments to achieve organizational goals.
- Responsible for maintaining ongoing accounting of job responsibilities to Director of Public Communications; submits required reports and maintains written records of all activities.
- Responsible for reaching out and engaging with community groups, organizations and local businesses to maintain and expand outreach activities.
- Provide excellent customer service in a courteous, compassionate and professional manner.
- Participates in Family Planning’s Quality Risk Management activities.
College degree with course work related to community outreach and/or education a plus. A valid New York State driver’s license, clean driving record, and a reliable car are essential. A working phone number is required. Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of this job, which may include lifting and carrying materials weighing up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the goals and beliefs of Family Planning, specifically comfort with human sexuality, reproductive health care and advocacy.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible including working evenings and weekends when required, and responding to organization deadlines as appropriate.
- Demonstrate an ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Excellent knowledge of the local community.
Please email cover letter and resume to Director of Public Communication Julie Weisberg at email@example.com.