And that’s never been more true then now, as we continue to work together with our local public health officials to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
At the start of New York State On Pause, our medical centers were deemed essential health care facilities, and our doors remained open.
At the direction of the state Department of Health, we focused on patients with urgent care needs, while also making the difficult decision to postpone visits for less acute care — part of the vital effort that has successfully slowed the virus’ spread throughout our region.
But now, as south central New York moves into the final stage of reopening, and carefully keeping to both state and federal guidelines, our medical centers are once again scheduling visits for both urgent and non-urgent gynecological and sexual health care, including annual exams and well visits.
In addition to resuming our full spectrum of in-person care, we also recently launched a new telemedicine program to offer you virtual phone and/or video visits for a range of medical services right from the safety of their home.
To ensure your in-person visits are safe with us, we have put into place a number of strong safety measures, including:
- Screening all staff members and patients upon arrival, including no-contact temperature checks
- Strict adherence to all hygiene and sanitation requirements from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the New York State Department of Health
- Requiring all patients and visitors to wear a mask or face covering in order to enter one of our medical centers.
- Companions are not permitted to accompany patients during an appointment.
- Waiting room areas have been redesigned to ensure proper social distancing.
All five of our local medical centers — Binghamton, Norwich, Oneonta, Sidney and Walton — are open by appointment for urgent gyn care, UTIs, STD testing and treatment, birth control, annual exams, well visits, pregnancy testing, and more.
Same day, next day appointments — with phone and video visits also available. So, don’t delay the essential care you need.
We’re here for you. We’re here with you. And we are committed to your health and safety. Because quality medical care is also safe medical care.
To learn more about your visit options, please call your local medical center:
- Binghamton: 607-723-8306
- Oneonta: 607-432-2250
- Norwich: 607-334-6378
- Sidney: 607-432-2250
- Walton: 607-432-2250
Or, submit an online appointment request at: fpscny.org.